Q. Will we need a passport to cross the borders of Canada and the U.S.?

Yes, as part of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI), anyone over the age of 16, U.S. travel documentations such as a passport book, a passport card, an enhanced driver's license from participating states, or a Nexus card is required effective June 1, 2009 For children 15 and younger who do not have a passport book or passport card, a proof of citizenship such as a birth certificate, naturalization certificate or citizenship card will be sufficient to cross the border.For further information, please visit the following websites:

U.S. Customs & Border Protection
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Go Canada
Canada Border Services Agency

Q. Regarding non-resident fishing licenses, will anglers now have to purchase a temporary non-Canadian resident fishing Outdoors Card and application at a cost of $9 CDN?

Yes, they will have to purchase the temporary as well as a fishing license and carry them both with them while fishing in Ontario.

The application for the Outdoors Card will be processed and eventually mailed to the address noted on the application form. The credit card-size plastic Outdoors Card will be good for three years including the year the OC was purchased. Be sure to bring along your new Outdoors Card if you plan to fish in Ontario.

Q. For non-Canadian residents who also hunt in addition to fishing, can they purchase the non-Canadian resident hunting Outdoors Card and application in lieu of the non-Canadian resident fishing Outdoors Card?

Yes, they can purchase the Canadian/Non-Canadian temporary hunting Outdoors Card and it will cover both hunting and fishing licenses, provided they have the proper hunting accredition. The anglers and hunters will still need to purchase the applicable hunting or fishing licenses to accompany their temporary Outdoors Card.

For those who originally purchased the fishing Outdoors Card and now wishes to upgrade their status from fishing to hunting, they may contact the Outdoors Card Centre at 1-800-387-7011. This upgrade cannot, however, be handled until such time as the temporary fishing Outdoors Card has been processed.

Q. What happens if I forgot to bring my Outdoors Card when purchasing my fishing license?

Unfortunately, you will need to purchase another Outdoors Card application.in addition to your fishing license.

Q. At the same time the non-Canadian residents are filling out the temporary Non-Canadian resident fishing Outdoors Card and application form, can they purchase the applicable fishing license?

Yes, they will require the Temporary before they can purchase licenses, but they can be purchased at the same time.

Q. I purchased my Outdoors Card in 2009, and my card is scheduled to expire in year 2011. I thought it was good for three years?

The year that you completed the Outdoors Card application is counted as year one; therefore, your card will expire on December 31, 2011. In November of 2011, a renewal package will be mailed to you. Hopefully by then, we will be able to renew both the Outdoors Card and the respective fishing license on-line.

Q. Our children, along with their friends, will be accompanying us to Canada. Do we need to take their birth certificates?

You will be asked to produce birth certificates at the border and passport card or book. In addition, anyone traveling with children not their own will be required to show written permission from the child's parent(s) and/or guardian(s).

Q. What is allowed to be brought into Canada from the United States?

It is best to contact Canada Customs Border Information Service (204) 983-3500 or (506) 636-5064; prior to your trip. Typically, however, vegetable products such as potatoes grown under the soil are not allowed.  Also, night crawlers must be transported in shredded paper. Otherwise, they will be confiscated if they are kept in dirt.

Forty ounces of alcohol or wine, or 24 (12 ounce) bottles or cans of beer is allowed into Canada per person. Additionally, 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars may be imported.

We recommend, also, that you visit Northern Ontario Tourist Outfitters for more information in regards to your trip to Canada: noto.ca/bordercrossing.

Q. I have a DUI record. Will I be allowed into Canada?

If you have been convicted of anything, including driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol which is considered a criminal offense in Canada, the Canadian government suggests you contact the nearest Canadian embassy or consulate for more information.

Canadian Consulate General offices in:

Detroit (313)567-2340
Chicago (312)616-1860
Minneapolis (612)332-7486

Q. What is the legal drinking age in Ontario?

Anyone 19 or older may buy and consume alcohol. Please Note: in Ontario, it is an offense to consume alcohol in other than a residence or a licensed premise. Driving motorized vehicles, including boats, while impaired is illegal in Ontario and can have your driver's license suspended.

Q. Can I bring firearms into Canada?

Yes, most common types of rifles and shotguns can be brought into Canada for hunting or protection from wildlife without difficulty. A form must be completed and firearm(s) declared at the border, and pay a $25 fee per each firearm. For further information, please visit www.canada.gc.ca or contact the Canadian Firearms Centre at (800) 731-4000.

Q. Do you offer American Plan?

No,  We rent cabins and boats. All cabins are housekeeping plans, which means that you do your own cooking, and the cabin  left in the same condition as when you first arrived.

Q. Are there cooking and eating utensils, or must we bring our own?

Yes, each of our cabins (including outpost cabins) have all the cooking and eating utensils needed. In addition, the cabins on Anjigami Lake, and the outpost camps are outfitted with a gas barbecue grill.

Q. How is garbage dealt with?

At the main camp, there are trash receptacles for your use.

For Outpost camps, fish guts and biodegradable food scraps must be disposed of as far away from the cabin, i.e. across the lake to deter unwanted bears to wander into the camp. All other waste products are bagged and brought out with you at the end of your trip for proper disposal.

Q. Do U.S. cell phones work?

At the main camp only .

Q. Can we bring our ATV?

Yes, there are plenty of logging trails no longer used by the loggers surrounding Anjigami Lake. However, common sense, discretion, responsibility and courtesy must be practiced at all times. Ontario law requires helmet to be worn when riding, must have registration and insurance, and no driving when impaired by alcohol or drugs. See "ATVs in Ontario" under Planning Your Trip.

Q. Would it be permissible to build a fire on the beach?

Yes, in a designated area, and as long as there are no fire restrictions or bans. If there is a fire ban, guests will be notified.

Q. Along with motor boats, is there a canoe?

At the main camp, we have a canoes and kayaks and a paddle boat for your boating pleasure, free of charge.

14' boats and motors along with    A pontoon boat is available for rent. See Boat Rental

Q. Do you rent satellite phones?

For outpost guests, Hawk Air may have one available.

Q. Are there other cabins at the outpost camps?

Only on Ogas Lake. In addition to our cabin, there are two privately owned cabins on Ogas. The rest of our outpost camps are by themselves, and you have the entire lake to yourself. “Tik” LakeRoderic LakeFulcher Lake, and Gould Lake

Q. Do you accept credit cards?

No,  Acceptable payments are by Check, made out to "Camp Anjigami", money order, e-transfer, PayPal or cash.

Q. Are pets allowed?

Yes, at a fee of $100.00 per pet. Patrons are responsible for proper disposal of their pet's litter, and ensuring the pet does not infringe upon other guests, nor climb on furniture and beds. There will be a charge for any desructions of properties. Please see "Guidelines for Pets" under Planning Your Trip.

Q. Do you have electricity?

Yes - the main camp has limited power, Anyone bringing  electrical appliances must be approved prior to use.

Our outpost camps do not have electricity and the appliances are propane-operated (stove/oven, refrigerator and lights).

Q. How far are you from the nearest town?

The nearest town with stores, gas stations, etc. is Wawa which is 30 miles northwest of our camp. Hawk Junction is closer to our camp but is a very small community with only one restaurant/bar--Big Bear Restaurant (open Wednesday-Sunday).

Q. Where can we purchase baits?

Minnows and Leeches must be purchased in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario,  to be legally used in Anjigami Lake and all of our outpost camps.  We recommend  Superior Coast Outfitters, 14 North Broadway,  Wawa   (705) 618-6778 and Young's General Store, 111 Mission Road Wawa (705) 856-2626 for all your  other fishing needs, including fishing licenses.

Motels in Wawa?

Beaver Motel (705)856-2294

Outdoorsman Motel (705)856-4000

Algoma Motel (705)856-7010

Wawa Motor Inn (705)856-2278

Lake View Hotel (705)856-2625